Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rhubarb, Asparagus, and Fennel oh my

Our CSA box started two weeks ago and already I feel healthier. I know we are getting strawberries tomorrow so today when I saw delicious rhubarb in the store I grabbed a few stalks. Yum! So far I've made two lovely Fennel salads, a leek and pine nut rice pilaf, and two big salads. We haven't started our compost project yet, but we did aquire two baby chickens who are now at 6 weeks eating up our stalks and ends of all sorts of things. They particularly liked the strawberry tops and butternut squash ends.

Our CSA box comes from Two Small Farms. I started with them three years ago and then moved off onto a farm that offered a smaller share and more fruit. It's called Farm Fresh to You. I was very dissapointed in their quality and have now moved back to TSF. I am so glad I moved, the quality is as good as I remember and then some. The first batch of strawberries we got we ate over the sink with a fresh made bowl of homemade whipped cream. There is nothing better than that!

No comments: